Cleaning and optimizing Windows is an essential part of using modern computers. Some users do not pay attention to this issue and just reinstall the operating system from time to time, buying more productive computers from year to year. But it is much more effective to train yourself to use the operating system correctly, which will allow you to maintain performance at the maximum level without having to reinstall Windows or buy a new computer. Over time, a lot of absolutely unnecessary garbage accumulates on the hard disk of a computer. These are temporary and not used files for a long time, their duplicates, not completely deleted programs, various logs and system data, registry errors, missing entries and much more. All this is not enough that takes up extra space, but also reduces the performance of the computer. To clean the operating system from all this rubbish, cleaner network programs were created, designed to find and remove (fix) all unnecessary, without disturbing the stability of the work.
Ccleaner network utility is the most powerful free tool designed to clean your computer from various debris and speed up the operating system. It has a clear Russian-language interface, but due to the variety of possibilities, many users have various questions regarding the work of the program. Therefore, we decided to write short guide on how to use CCleaner.
Introduction to the interface
After installing and running CCleaner network edition, you will see the main menu of the program, which can be divided into 3 parts.
- The menu of functional tools, which includes the elements of cleaning the computer, the service menu and the menu of general settings of the program.
- A section in which you can choose what exactly you want to clean. For example, you can cancel the cleaning of the Recycle Bin, and not delete the quick access lists (the most frequently launched applications that are shown in the left part of the Start menu).
- Here, during the cleaning process, information will appear on the operations performed and a report on the operation of the program.
- Cleaning system waste. First, make sure you are in the “Cleaning” menu. Here are two tabs – “Windows” and “Applications”, in which you can select the cleaning options. By default, the CCleaner is already configured so that it would remove all unnecessary as much as possible and not touch anything extra, so the settings are recommended to be changed only by experienced users. To start the cleaning procedure, click on the “Analysis” button and in a few minutes you will see detailed information about how much free space is available after the cleaning is completed, and which data CCleaner will destroy. At the first stage, CCleaner will analyze the operating system for the presence of junk data. Then you just have to press the “Cleaning” button and walk 5 minutes (depending on the clutter of the computer, removing garbage can take from 2 to 10 minutes) to smoke.
- Cleaning the Windows Registry. The Windows registry is a database containing all the information, as well as settings for hardware and software components of a computer. Over time, a large number of erroneous and simply unnecessary data already accumulates in the registry (for example, you deleted a boring game a year ago, and its trail is still stored in the registry), which reduces the overall speed of a computer. To clean the registry, go to the “Registry” tab and click “Search for problems”. Step 1 in cleaning the registry – finding existing problems. After CCleaner finishes analyzing the registry of your operating system, click “Fix”. Here, the program will offer to save a backup copy of the current state, be sure to agree. If something happens, you can recover everything. When CCleaaner prompts you to back up the registry, be sure to agree after saving the backup, you will see a window asking you to fix the errors found. Click “Fix marked” and wait a few seconds. All registries cleaning process is over.
Additional features with CCleaner network edition registration key
The main task of CCleaner is to clean the hard disk and registry of the operating system, but this program also has additional built-in functions, such as automatic loading control, uninstalling installed programs, wiping the hard disk and searching for duplicate files. These functions are located in the “Service” tab.
Automatic system cleaning when you turn on the computer
This very useful feature in CCleaner network professional download program allows you to keep the system clean. First of all, set up checkboxes in the “Cleaning” section. Go to the “Settings” section, subsection “Settings” – put a tick Execute cleanup when the computer starts. Close the program. Now when the computer starts up, the system will automatically clean.
Automatic cleaning with a script
If you want to control the cleaning process more subtly, you can write a script to automatically start CCleaner network edition serial utility to remove unnecessary temporary files. If you add /SHUTDOWN at the end, the computer will be turned off after the script has been run. As you can see, the script is not big. Its launch can be configured in the Windows scheduler to automate the removal of garbage.